Please note that this Policy applies to all information collected on this Website by the Company, but does not apply to Personal Information (as defined below) and Financial Information (as defined below) that may be separately collected by our mortgage affiliate, Standard Pacific Mortgage, Inc. ("Standard Pacific Mortgage"), which has its own privacy policies. However, this Policy does apply to certain Personal Information and Financial Information that we share with Standard Pacific Mortgage, as described below.
3. Information The Company May Collect About You. We collect the following types of information on the Website:
"Personal Information" is information that is used by the Company to identify you individually, including, but not limited to, first and last name, home or other physical address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other like identifiers that permit physical or online contacting of a specific individual.
"Aggregate Information" is information that does not contain Personal Information or from which Personal Information has been removed. Aggregate Information includes, but is not limited to, information about use of the Website, such as pages visited on the Website, "click stream" information such as entry and exit points for our Website (i.e., referring URLs or domains), site traffic statistics, page views, impressions, and operating system and browser type. Aggregate Information also includes users' IP addresses when they request pages on the Websites, which are numbers that are automatically assigned to a computer whenever you are surfing the Web.
"Financial Information" means financial information collected when loan or home purchase prequalification is requested, including, but not limited to, employment information, Social Security Number and information about your credit history, income, expenses and assets.
The actual information we collect from you depends on the services you use on the Website. The following is a more detailed explanation of some of the types and uses of information we collect in regard to particular services.
Email Services. If you provide us with your email address and opt in to any email notification features that the Company may now have or may develop in the future, you may receive email from time to time from the Company. Each email you receive from the Company will contain a subscriptions management link in the email, namely, an "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email message which will provide you the opportunity to opt out of receiving future communications from the Company by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link and following the unsubscribe instructions.
Information Request Forms. The Website contains various request forms that allow you to request information, products and services and to submit resumes to the Company. For instance, we may collect information such as your preferences regarding location, size and price of a new home.
Your Favorites. The "Your Favorites" feature on the Website requires you to register by providing your email address. Once registered, you can input and save your preferences regarding location, size, price and other features of a new home, and then log in to your account during future visits to the Website to learn about any developments or updates related to your preferred homes. We may also send you email notifications of such developments or updates.
Prequalification Form. If you would like to request a preliminary determination of the potential amount of credit you might qualify for towards the purchase of a new Standard Pacific home, you may complete and submit the Prequalification Form on the Website. The Prequalification Form is not an application for a mortgage loan and is not a commitment to lend. The form requests a variety of Personal Information and Financial Information, including your name, email address, phone number, social security number, employment information, and information about your income, expenses and assets. Information collected is used for the purposes of loan prequalification by Standard Pacific Mortgage, an affiliate of the Company, in accordance with the authorizations you provide. The Company may also, with or without the assistance of Standard Pacific Mortgage, use this information to assess your ability to qualify for a loan and to purchase a home. The Company does not require you to use Standard Pacific Mortgage to finance the purchase of your home.
Surveys. From time to time, we may collect information through online surveys, questionnaires or information requests on the Website. These surveys may request demographic information (such as age range, gender, areas of interest) and customer feedback. Participation in such surveys, questionnaires or information requests is voluntary and with each request you will have the choice of whether or not to disclose information. We may use such survey information to analyze the Website and to improve users' overall experience on the Website.
Administrative Purposes. We may collect and use information that identifies you personally when you submit comments, questions or suggestions through the Website. For example, if you submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit information requests we will use the information you provide to respond to you. We also may collect and use your information to contact you when necessary for other administrative purposes. If you do submit comments, questions or suggestions through the Website, please do not include confidential Personal Information or Financial Information in such requests. Such e-mail will be maintained in accordance with our corporate e-mail and document retention policies.
Resumes. If you submit your resume to us or complete a form related to a job opening on the Website, we may use the information to contact you, in our sole discretion, or we may store it in our files in a manner consistent with the way we store other information related to job applications.
Live Chat. If you engage with our Live Chat personnel, we may collect and use Personal Information and information regarding pages visited on the Website to assist you. Participation in Live Chat is voluntary.
4. Disclosure of Your Personal, Aggregate, and Financial Information.
Personal Information. The Company will not sell or disclose your Personal Information to third parties except as set forth below.
Consultants. From time to time the Company engages consultants that may need access to the information we collect to perform their services for us, such as administering our mailing lists. We require that our consultants keep Personal Information confidential and not disclose it to third parties, and use it only in accordance with the service agreement between the Company and such consultant. Such consultants may include survey consultants, consultants that assist us with our website and other technology issues, and data collection consultants which may supply us with information regarding the websites visited by you and others.
Transaction Processing. When you complete an information request form or otherwise indicate to us that you want us to provide you with a product or service (such as a request to be included in mailings about our future projects or a request for loan prequalification), we maintain and store the data needed for you to receive the products or services you have requested as set forth in Article 6. Security. We may also share such information with our affiliated companies (including Standard Pacific Mortgage or any of our homebuilding affiliates) or master developers of neighborhoods that might interest you.
Legal Requirements. We may disclose your Personal Information and/or Financial Information if required to do so by law, pursuant to subpoena or if we believe that such action is reasonably necessary to: (a) conform with the law, respond to claims or comply with legal process served on the Company or the Website; or (b) protect and defend our rights or property, including the Website, our employees, guests or the public.
Company Sale. Because information collected through the Website is a trade secret and asset of the Company, we may disclose or sell such information (which can include Personal Information and Financial Information) in the event we entertain the sale of the Company or some or all of its assets.
Employment. If you submit a resume or other information to us in connection with a job opening at the Company (or any of our affiliates or subsidiaries), we may disclose or transfer Personal Information and any other information you or other job applicants regularly submit to employees and consultants involved in the recruiting and hiring of job applicants.
Financial Information. If you complete the Loan Prequalification Form, the Company will disclose any Financial Information that you have submitted to our mortgage affiliate, Standard Pacific Mortgage, in order to process your request for loan prequalification, and/or to preliminarily assess your financial ability to purchase a home. The Loan Prequalification Form is not an application for a loan, and you are not required to use Standard Pacific Mortgage for the financing of your home.
Apart from the loan prequalification form, no portion of the Standard Pacific Mortgage application process for a mortgage takes place on or through the Website. Mortgage applications are currently accepted in Standard Pacific Mortgage's sales offices. In connection with the submission of a mortgage application, Standard Pacific Mortgage will provide the applicant with a written copy of Standard Pacific Mortgage's own information privacy statement, which will describe the collection and use of the applicant's Personal Information and Financial Information.
6. How We Respond to a "Do Not Track" Signal from Your Browser. Do Not Track (DNT) is a still-not-yet finalized standard by which Internet users may choose to control the collection of personally identifiable information about the user’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. Currently, various browsers offer an option that relies on a technology known as a DNT header, which sends a signal to websites visited by the browser user about the user's DNT preference. You can usually access your browser's DNT option in your browser's tools or preferences. To learn more about Do Not Track, please click here
Internet industry groups and regulators have been working to develop a uniform standard for how websites and online services should respond to browser DNT signals. No consensus has been reached on the final standard, and without an industry standard for DNT, users cannot know how any given website responds to a browser DNT signal.
The Company takes privacy and security very seriously. However, due to the absence of a browser DNT signal standard, and the lack of a consensus on how websites should interpret a DNT signal at this time, the Company currently does not respond to browser DNT signals.
7. Security. The Company uses reasonable efforts to protect Personal Information and Financial Information collected through the Website from access, loss, misuse, alteration or destruction by any unauthorized party. If you submit Financial Information through the Website where requested, such information will be collected through a secure internet connection using reasonable commercial security measures. Once collected through the Website, we protect Personal Information and Financial Information with a firewall. We also encrypt Financial Information collected through the Website and transfer it through a virtual private network (VPN) to the internal servers of Standard Pacific Mortgage where it is unencrypted. No security system, or system of transmitting data over the Internet, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we undertake commercially reasonable efforts to protect Personal Information and Financial Information collected through the Website, we cannot guarantee the security of Company servers, the means by which information is transmitted between your computer and Company servers, or any information provided to us or to any third party through or in connection with the Website.
8. Breach of Security. In the event of a breach of our information system security that may compromise your unencrypted Personal Information or Financial Information, we will notify you of such breach at the e-mail address that we have on file for you pursuant to any applicable data breach notification laws. We reserve the right to reasonably delay such notification as may reasonably be necessary as part of any internal investigation or law enforcement efforts related to such breach.
9. Outside Links. While on the Website, you may be referred to websites other than the Company's Website. A link from the Website to such a third party website does not imply endorsement of that website nor any ability to control that website's privacy practices. Be aware that third party websites may collect data and personal and financial information and operate according to their own privacy practices. Therefore, you should carefully review the privacy policies of third party websites before submitting any Personal Information or Financial Information to them.
10. Opting Out, Removal of Personal or Financial Information and Contacting Us. To opt out of receiving information or to unsubscribe from any specific email service, you can (a) click on the subscriptions management link in the email, generally an "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email message which will provide you the opportunity to opt out of receiving future communications from the Company by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link and following the unsubscribe instructions, as set forth in Article 3. Email Services, or (b) log into your Website account and manage subscriptions from within that account. The subscriptions management process allows each Website user to remove themselves from individual types/categories of communications or to unsubscribe from all communications.
Copyright © 2014 Standard Pacific Corp. All rights reserved.